Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo: How to add a plan to another plan's stage

Gagan Mahan June 23, 2015

Here is what I am trying to achieve

Plan A - run on every checkin, and generate artifacts

Plan B - runs on every checkin, and generate artifacts

Plan C - runs on every checkin, and generate artifacts

Plan D - runs Plans A, B, C nightly. Gathers artifacts from all three plans. Order is not important

Development plan - Takes artifacts from Plan D and issues a release

I am not able to figure out how to get Plan D to get the artifacts from Plan A, B and C. I added them as dependencies, but they run after Plan D is completed.

I read that you can add the plans as a stage, but how I am unable to figure out how to do this ??

Any ideas on a best way to solve this.

Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

The way I do more complex build ordering is to use Run CLI Actions in Bamboo and the queueBuild action with the wait parameter. Wait means the task waits for the queued build to complete before the task completes. In your case Plan E would have tasks to queue Plans A-D. 

0 votes
Gagan Mahan June 24, 2015

Okay, I finally figure this out. I was not exposing the artifacts in my Plan B (above example).

I am now trying to figure how to run a plan in a dependency list after all plans have succeeded.

Plan A - Agent 1: Parent plan that has the following dependencies

Plan B - Agent 1

Plan C - Agent 2

Plan D - Agent 2

Plan E - Agent 1. Collects artifacts from Plan B, C, D. But runs ONLY after Plan B, C, D are complete.

Since the plans run on different agents, Plan E runs immediately after Plan B is finished, but I want it to wait till both Plan D and C are done.

0 votes
Gagan Mahan June 24, 2015

Thanks, but I have gone through that document several times and I still do not see the expected behavior. For simplicity, I created a Plan A that generates a shared artifact and a Plan B that users the artifact downloader to access Plan A artifacts, but I do not see these artifacts show up when Plan B finishes. I have a Deployment plan which takes the artifacts from Plan B, but I don't even see it there either.

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015

Hi Gagan,

The instructions for sharing artifcats between Build Plans are described on the documentation below. There is no need to create dependencies. You just have to make sure that the artifacts generated by Plans A, B, C and D are shared and that you use a task called 'Artifact downloader' to perform the action. Have a look at the details at the doc:

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian DevTools

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events