Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic deployment of feature brancheS (emphasis on plural)?

J.P. Poveda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2013

I have a build plan that has "Automatically manage branches" turned on and I match the branches using the regex (develop|feautre).* [we use git flow]...

That works great! Bamboo automatically creates a build plan for my feature branches (feature-1, feature-2, etc.), as well as running CI against my develop branch.

Here's the problem, on Bamboo 5.2, it seems like I have to manually set a trigger for each of my feature branches. I.e., I have to edit the Deployment Plan's triggers to add one that's looking for a particular feature branch.

Am I doing something wrong? Why can I create a build plan that builds any branch that matches a regex, but I can't build a deployment plan that does the same? I.e., why can't I automatically deploy any branch off a particular build plan that matches (develop|feature).*?

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

I brought this up with the 5.0 release, they marked my ticket as resolved and I replied back but nothing else yet: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13472

0 votes
J.P. Poveda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2013

I wish there was a way to insert the sound of crickets :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events