Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new executable

Andy Carlson July 14, 2014

I am trying to add an executable for a new version of Ruby, but when I add it, it doesn't show up as a Ruby Executable but only as a command (see screenshot) and as such is not showing up in the Ruby Environment drop-down when configuring a Bundler Install or Rake task.

How might I fix this? Thanks!!!

2 answers

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Andy also look at this: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/318349/bamboo-ruby-plugin-not-loading-capabilities-to-agent It mentions some requirements for the plugin that I was not aware of.

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

You may also have to add it to the capabilities tab on the agent where you want to run it. (remote agents specifically). Also look at the plugin documentation for the task type and see what it expects ruby to be configured as. (for example, you have to add a JDK as a JDK not as a command in order for it to be recognized as a JDK if that makes sense). I don't do any ruby builds here so not sure exactly what the requirements are for building with ruby.

The documentation for the ruby plugins should describe how to define the ruby executable so that it works with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events