Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase build number

Madhu October 9, 2023

Hi Team,

Just now i got notification from Atlassian regarding the new build number for existing plan - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1232254/bump-build-number?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

so this is only possible for bamboo data centers only? if no, how to get this feature to our existing bamboo version - Atlassian Bamboo version 8.2.9 build 80215 - 12 May 23.

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance!!

1 comment

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2023

Hello @Madhu

That app was released for Bamboo Data Center only. You can still download and install the jar file manually via Bamboo Administration >> Manage apps >> Upload app. There's no guarantee that an app designed for a DC licence will work on a Server licence, but you can try.

It is recommended that you consider upgrading your licence to Data Center, as Atlassian has ended sales for new Server licenses and will end support for server on February 15, 2024.

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Madhu October 10, 2023

Hi Alvarenga,

From the marketplace link - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1232254/bump-build-number?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

and it is saying it is unsupported, what is the meaning of this?

when i reach out to bamboo admin team to install the this increase build number add on, they are saying this is unsupported.

Can you please give me the detailed information still we can go ahead and install the add on w=even though it is unsupported.

Thanks in Advance!!

Madhu October 10, 2023

I got response from admin team like - This plugin cannot be installed for following reasons: 1. It is UNSUPPORTED 2. Its Atlassian Labs. 

so can you please provide me the detailed information

Madhu October 10, 2023

If we migrated from bamboo servers to bamboo data centers, this will automatically applicable?

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2023

Hello @Madhu,

The term "Unsupported" can refer to two things. Firstly, it could mean that assistance is not available for a product when you encounter issues. Secondly, it could indicate that a product is reported as "not compatible" with Bamboo.

The App you're referring to is released by Atlassian Labs. It's important to note that Atlassian Labs is separate from Atlassian in terms of support. Their apps may not have undergone comprehensive testing in all scenarios and do not come with the same level of support and SLA as an official Atlassian product.

Atlassian Labs products are free to use. You're welcome to try it out on your Bamboo Server to see if it functions as expected. However, please be aware that the app was originally developed for a Bamboo Data Center version, so we cannot guarantee its compatibility with a Server licence.

If you upgrade your licence, it should then be fully compatible.

Best regards,

Cheers,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events