Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment in bamboo for different environments

hardik bhansali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2018

I have a few concerns with my deployment plan on bamboo. It's a java project with maven for build. 

So, we have a project where there are multiple modules and the basic structure used is the one defined by maven. The path to resources is also default src/main/resources

The deployment plan has these 3 tasks : 

i>Artifact download

ii>Script

iii>Maven 3.X

iv>Deployment Plugin

Now there are couple of things which are bothering me with respect to the deployment plan : 

1) We have multiple environments and hence there is an inline script task (ii) in the deployment plan opens the .properties file from the artifact (in this case a jar) unzips the jar rewrites the values and zips it up. Shouldn't we handle this in a better way? Tried having the different .properties file for different environment and use the maven profiling but the problem with this approach is one of the modules has 20 .property files and across 3 environments which implies there are 60 files! That's cumbersome to manage.

2) We use the command in goal for the step (iii)'-U -e -X clean install' and then set the environment variables too.  Shouldn't we use 'deploy' instead of '-U -e -X clean install' and can the environment variables such as SR_INSTANCE,SR_MEMORY etc. be managed else where? 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events