Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i execute a transition screen has to popup?

shashi budidha March 22, 2022

my requirement is that when any user execute a transion he has to give the explanation in the comment so I want to popup a screen after executing the transion. Is it possible to popup a screen which has a comment feild by using automation for jira?

note: I know we can do this by adding a screen on a work flow transition but i need the same by using automation for jira app

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Hi @shashi budidha and welcome to the community!

The described behaviour is mainly a feature of the workflow as it can "wait" for the action to be done. It´s also best practice to solve workflow related steps within the workflow (validation, screens, post-functions, etc...) rather than with automation.

A4J can automate processing of dedicated steps but I don´t see any possibility to open a popup and the automation rule waiting for input. 

Just for better understanding:
Why is the requirement to NOT doing it with a screen in the workflow?

Best
Stefan

shashi budidha March 23, 2022

the workflow is used by 10 projects and i dont want to copy the work flow because of permormance issue

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

In which way does copying a workflow affects the performance?

shashi budidha March 23, 2022

im not sure.... my team lead suggested me not to create new workflow.can you tell me weather creating a new workflow or copying workflow  decrease the permformance

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

I don´t see any performance issues on your system. It is good to have harmonized projects/workflow as you could associate 1 WF to several projects and don´t have to maintain several WFs that all do the same.

On the other way there is obviously a deviation of that special WF. So (from my point of view) it would make sense to create a special WF and associate to that project if this functionality is only/sololy needed by this project.

Best
Stefan

Like Curt Holley likes this
2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2022

What makes you think you want to do this with Automation?

(You can't by the way, Automation automates things, it does not replace workflow actions in front of a user)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events