Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are planning to upgrade Jira and also the Automation for Jira Plugin. How to do it correctly?

Sebastian Richards Romero August 23, 2022

We are currently using the 8.5.1v for Jira Server, and planning on upgrading to 8.20.11.

On the other hand, for what i've checked on the version history and the article "Upgrading to Automation for Jira 7.3 or later", we must upgrade from 7.1.16 to something between 7.3.5  and 7.42.

The article says that if you press the upgrade button it will take you to the latest Automation for Jira version, but our new jira instance is not compatible to 8.0.3.

What do you recommend to do it if this step is noti viable?

I'll be waiting for your answer and feedback.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hello @Sebastian Richards Romero ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

I would suggest you upgrade the Jira from 8.5.1 to 8.20.11 version before that please follow this document and complete all the pre-check before upgrading.

Once Jira Upgrade is done, Please update the Plugins.

Note: It is always recommended to perform upgrade on first non-production environment.

Regards,
Mayur 

Sebastian Richards Romero August 24, 2022

Thank you for your answer and welcome @Mayur Jadhav ,

Currently im just in charge of analyzing the procedurement and potential impact of upgrading the plugin Automation for Jira and its compatibility, not the upgrade of our Jira instance per se.

I wanted to confirm that the information i've gathered its correct and to validate with a third party if there were something i could be missing.

Thank you very much for your support, and again, i would very glad to read if there is more information i could use.

Regards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events