How to use organization members as email recipients

Christian Bär August 19, 2021

Using Jira Automation with Jira Servicemanagement ( former Servicedesk) it's not possible to choose the organization field for email recipients.

Even with smart values I see no option.

E.g., something like for the watchers field would be sufficient: {{issue.watchers.emailAddress}}

Any suggestions?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2021

I have not personally done this but believe you could create a group that equates to the members of an organization. Of course this can be an added level of complexity when trying to maintain both organization and group. Hence why I have avoided.

Christian Bär September 27, 2021

That is exactly what I'm about to do. There is an Add On available to sync from groups to organizations ( unfortunately not the other way around )  and my customer is preparing the data right now. 

Then I'm going to fill a hidden multi group picker field on changes of the organizations field and use those groups in automation rules to send the notification.

Cheers,
Christian

0 votes
Himanshu Nanda September 28, 2021

Atlassian support has helped create a corresponding ticket for it - you can upvote at - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAAUTOSERVER-346

(Please note that most of the critical issues have been migrated to our Atlassian issue tracker after code barrel acquisition. Some issues were not migrated and we address those based on a case-by-case scenario. Since this feature is important for you, please note that I created an equivalent in our public issue tracker in this link:)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

Thanks for sharing 

0 votes
Himanshu Nanda September 8, 2021

Same problem here. Trying to send a mail to all members of the organisation selected on the ticket. Not available as an option. Came across the link below to use smart values but did not work

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-475

0 votes
Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2021

Hi @Christian Bär ,

Just wanting to clarify that I understand what you're asking. You're wanting to send an email to everyone in a particular organisation?

Cheers,

Simeon.

Christian Bär September 27, 2021

Hello Simmo,

that is right, and I Want to do it with an Automation Rule of the Automation App.

Cheers,
Christian

Simmo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2021

Hi @Christian Bär

No worries. We're tracking an improvement for that at https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-921

Cheers,

Simeon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events