Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set up automation including the name of the person who acted on the Slack channel when I m

정현석 June 27, 2022

Hi, I set up automation so that the message is delivered to Slack when moving the ticket from Jira's Kanban board.

At this time, can the name of the person who moved this ticket be included in the Slack message?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2022

Hi @정현석 , welcome to the Community!

In the action sending the Slack message, you can include a smart value for the user who triggered the transition. This is the smart value that will show that user's name:

{{initiator.displayName}}

Cheers,
Daniel

정현석 June 27, 2022

@Daniel Eads  hi Daniel!

As you said, this is how it should be written, right?

정현석 June 27, 2022

Untitled-2.png

I did what you told me and it was solved. Thank you so much!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

Hi @정현석 

Adding to the answer from @Daniel Eads ...

Are you using Jira Cloud or Data Center/Server version?

I am asking as I note in your smart values references to {{issues}} plural, and my understanding is that only works in Data Center/Server version.  To handle multiple issues with Jira Cloud please use the Lookup Issues action.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Curt Holley likes this
정현석 June 29, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

abc.pngI don't understand your story because it's too difficult.

In the project of Jira software, I set up automation so that a related message will be sent to one channel of Slack messenger when moving the board ticket from `to do` to `coopera-`. (This is the first automation I did. I don't know anything else.) And I want the name of the person who moved the ticket to be included in the Slack Channel message.

Data center/server? Lookup Issues action?? I'm just a designer.

I even learned how to post a question here through googling.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2022

Hi!  I recommend pausing to talk to your Jira Admin person, as they can help you know what version of tool and project you are using.  Then the community can help you update the automation rule further.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events