Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make an issue opened in a specific group to be assigned to a specific person ?

pier B March 4, 2022

Hi,

We are starting to use service project to get feedbacks / support question and bug report for our in house application.

We created "groups" and we'd like to use these different groups to auto assign raised issues to specific people, any way to achieve this ?

I tried Automation from our service project but I could not find anything related to groups.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2022

Hi @pier B 

I am a bit confused...Your use case seems to be asking two contradictory things for auto assignment: to people in a group AND to specific people.

If you meant auto assign to people in a Jira Group (or other defined list) there are a several options to do that with an automation rule.  Please look here for more information on that method: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Assign-issue

Kind regards,
Bill

pier B March 7, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

I was talking about service project's portal groups, but I was able to achieve my goal by using automation rules based on the "request type" filter.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

How have you created these "groups" and what do your people put into a new issue that determines which group it should be part of?

pier B March 16, 2022

Question already answered see above edit + answer.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events