Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find tickets with same summary from same reporter

Volker Kiehn July 15, 2022

Hello together,

I'm testing an automation to find out duplicated sytem messages send via mail. I tried these suggestion

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Look-for-same-Issue-Summary/qaq-p/1512490

The system does not recognize the ticket id so we can not add this to the mail subscrition.

The automation is running well, if there are no special characters in mail subject. If there is for example a colon, it fails

Following part of the jql fails: AND summary ~ "{{issue.summary}}"

I tested also manually with jql or advanced search funktion

summary ~ "WG*"     -> is running well

summary ~ "WG:*"    -> doesn't find anything

We need to compare strings like this

WG: [Failed] XYZ - My Veeam Report (Last 24 Hrs) - SRVNAME

2 answers

0 votes
Volker Kiehn July 22, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

I got a solution from the support.

Using

summary ~ "\" {{ issue.summary }} \""

instead of

summary ~ "
issue.summary"

makes me able to use the example described here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/Look-for-same-Issue-Summary/qaq-p/1512490

best regard 

Volker

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2022

Hi @Volker Kiehn 

JQL is not an SQL, and so you cannot search for those exact matches, particularly with non-alphanumeric characters, with out-of-the-box Jira features. 

Without knowing more about your use case and what the automation rule is intended to do, one suggestion would be using JQL to get close matches (e.g. with a scheduled trigger or branch on JQL), and then use advanced compare conditions in the rule for further testing.  The text functions using regular expressions should be able to detect the rest.

Kind regards,
Bill

Volker Kiehn July 19, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

I opened a support case for this issue. Unfortunately I don't have influence on the mail subscriptions send to our jira.

I have to compare via variable. so i have to compare the hole title.  I'm using this JQL

reporter in (issue.reporter) AND summary ~ "issue.summary" AND created != "issue.created.jqlDateTime" AND status not in (Closed , resolved)

As I described it's running well without special characters.

best regards

Volker

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events