Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask how to use Lookup issues action

koutarou ishibashi March 1, 2024

Under the parent task summaryA, there are summaryB, summaryC, and summaryD (each may also have multiple instances). I want to count when summaryB, summaryC, and summaryD are marked as DONE.

Using the Lookup issues action, I will search for the subtasks as follows: "Parent Link" = {{issue.key}} and status = done.

If there is summaryB under summaryA, and summaryB is done, I want to increment the custom field "CountB" by +1.

If there is summaryC under summaryA, and summaryC is done, I want to increment the custom field "CountC" by +1.

If there is summaryD under summaryA, and summaryD is done, I want to increment the custom field "CountD" by +1.

Using {{lookupIssues}} with Smart Value, I want to determine whether the subtask is summaryB, summaryC, or summaryD, and then proceed accordingly.

Please provide instructions on how to do this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

Hi @koutarou ishibashi 

This question seems quite similar to your other question for performing counts with lookup issues, with the key difference being using subtasks:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Ask-how-to-use-Lookup-issues-action/qaq-p/2626134

Please see the responses to that question to learn if they also solve this one.

Regarding subtasks, consider using the {{issue.subtasks}} or {{lookupIssues.subtasks}} smart values to access those.

Kind regards,
Bill

koutarou ishibashi March 4, 2024

I was able to count the issues with a value.
Thank you.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events