Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

⭐ What's your favorite Summit/Team talk of all time?

Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 14, 2021

Hey there!

I've been thinking a lot about being in-person next year at Team 22' and it got me excited thinking about the presenters and all of the valuable information shared during that week.

If you're not familiar, Team (formerly known as Atlassian Summit) is the premier conference for modern teamwork for exploring the intersectionality of teamwork, humanity, tech, and share new ways to unleash your team’s full potential.

Our flagship event has certainly evolved alongside the new state of teamwork as we know it, but if you've been able to attend Team/Summit I want to hear about your talk of ALL time. It could be from 5+ years ago or this year!

Here are a few ideas to get started:

• Who gave the talk?
  • What was it about?
  • What was your biggest takeaway?
  • What makes it your FAVORITE?

I can't wait to hear your favs. 💙

Cassie

1 comment

Comment

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021

Thinking about trying to provide helpful content, I often think of a talk at Summit 16 that I messaged my team about. Just the one talk was worth taking the whole week for Summit (not to mention all the other talks that year too).

Denise Unterwurzacher at Atlassian presented how Atlassian managed performance tuning for Confluence. I think this was the first time I'd encountered content from another Confluence administrator that got as deep into the weeds as I had over the previous year with heap allocation and garbage collection.

The start of the talk was even reassuring: "I think you're in the right spot."

Seeing how Atlassian itself was working through some of the same problems my company instance was having at the time was reassuring. Knowing I'd taken many of the same actions that Atlassian themselves had taken proved to me that I was a better/more seasoned administrator than I imagined myself at the time. And the title was just perfect: Trash Talk! 

The information about memory tuning was so valuable that I've linked to that talk many times while answering questions on Community.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events