Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please change all interfaces over to dark by default, and NEVER flash the screen white while loading

Andrew Murdoch February 23, 2024

Please change all interfaces over to dark by default, and NEVER flash the screen white while loading

This is a very simple task, please default everything to a dark theme, please don't flash any screen white, while it's loading.   I have visual problems, and the white flashing is very irritating, and the light theme is hard to focus on.   I especially do not want any area of your software to show up in a light theme, when I have the theme set to dark. 

This includes the settings panel, user pages, Atlassian administration, etc... keep everything in the same theme.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2024

I am with you on half of this.

The flashing screen during rendering is absolutely terrible and should not happen.  Other software doesn't have this problem.

But under no circumstances should a dark theme be a default.  A lot more people would struggle with it than those who don't work well with a light theme.  I work with people who simply can't use Atlassian's software when the dark theme has been enabled, including one who can work with it visually until it triggers a migraine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events