Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from 7.3.18 to cloud version

BILL SCHWARTZ June 13, 2024

We are looking for a way to move our server version database to the cloud version.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2024

Yikes! I hate to say it, @BILL SCHWARTZ, but there is no easy way to do this with that older version of Jira server. The Atlassian migration tools only support 7.6 and newer.

How "big" is your server site (how many issues & projects do you need to migrate)?

-dave

P.S. Moving this to the migration topic area.

BILL SCHWARTZ June 13, 2024

We have the simplest possible configuration - no apps no links no extra anything.  There are only 5 users and we use only the most basic functions.  We have 10-15 boards and some active sprints and backlogs.  Total DB size is 30G.  474 issues, 670 attachments, 2565 comments, 25 components, 13 custom fields, 14 projects, 28 screen schemes, 53 versions...  does that help?

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2024

IMO, this means that you'll likely get most of what you need (vs. if you had a much larger server instance).

AFAIK your only option is going to be exporting your server data into a CSV and then importing it to cloud. See 'Import data from a CSV file' for more information.

Also, if I were you, I'd consider engaging an Atlassian Solution Partner who's done this before if you can afford it.

Best of luck to you,

-dave

0 votes
BILL SCHWARTZ June 14, 2024

What about upgrading the version first and then using the migration tool?

Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2024

Hi @BILL SCHWARTZ

Upgrading to a supported version of Jira first would be our recommended approach. To be honest though, nothing is stopping you from manually installing and running the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant on an unsupported version - we just can't guarantee that everything will work as expected. 

I work closely with our support teams and have seen many customers with similar data shapes migrate successfully on older versions. Give it a go and if you get stuck you can always reach out to our migration support teams here!

Cheers,

Dylan

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events