Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Cloud Migration Assistant couldn't import project role

TIS Admin March 26, 2020

I tried Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate few Jira Cloud projects to another Jira Cloud instance via a temporary Jira Server.

My first test failed and I cannot find any solution for this yet. Here are the steps to reproduce:

• Simulated the step when I restored the Jira Cloud backup on a temp Jira Server:  created a simple project on the local Jira Server with one issue and few attachments. (standard, fresh installation)
  • Run the Migration Assistant to migrate the test project to the destination Jira Cloud instance
    • Chose 'Users will not have access to Jira'
  • Finally, the migration error log contains the following
We couldn't import Project Role 'atlassian-addons-project-access' because of 10 missing dependencies: User 'addon_jira-trello-integration', 
User 'addon_atlassian-outlook-integration',
User 'addon_com.codebarrel.addons.automation',
User 'addon_com.atlassian.jira.spreadsheets',
User 'addon_com.github.integration.production',
User 'addon_com.atlassian.servicedesk.embedded',
User 'addon_stspg-jira-ops',
User 'addon_jsd-slack-integration',
User 'addon_jira-workplace-integration',
User 'addon_jira-slack-integration'.
This caused 8 other items to fail. Check the reasons for the missing dependencies on your server site.

I checked we have 'atlassian-addons-project-access' project role in both the server and the cloud Jira. I don't know what are these other dependencies? Obviously, these add-ons automatically installed on the Cloud Jira that I can't remove. I can't install the same on Server Jira. So what? Any idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2020

@TIS Admin

When you migrate cloud to server it migrates the addon accounts as well. Try removing any users with @connect.atlassian.com emails before running it again. Let us know if that helps.

TIS Admin March 29, 2020

Thanks, I missed this step. It works perfectly!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events