Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMA is not ignoring Jira service desk customers

Etienne Charlier September 27, 2023

Our confluence self hosted has a user directory connected to our jira self hosted user directory (crowd)
We have +/- 100 real users
We have 6000 JIRA service desk customers ( spam coming into monitored maibox)
JIRA migration assistant migrated those spam customers to real service desk customers (the are not present in admin.atlassian.net directory

Now trying to migrate confluence and it requires us to trust the domains of the 6000 users ( https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/review-users-to-trust-email-domains/ )
IMHO, confluence migration assistant should ignore those "users" and should only try to migrate "real" users belonging to the confluence-users group.

PS: Im using CCMA v3.4.14 not selectable in combobox

2 comments

Comment

Etienne Charlier September 28, 2023

Additionaly, problem is not only related to spam users.

Legit Service desk customers have not been imported as users in JIRA service desk cloud.

I don't want confluence migration to bring them in admin.atlassian.com user base

Etienne Charlier September 29, 2023

Thanks to support for answer and workaround;

You first need to trust all those thousands of email domains coming from your jira service desk customers ( spam or not it does not make a difference) to be able to move to the next step of the migration wizard

... where you can choose NOT to migrate those users...

No bulk editing to trust the email domains.....

Asked my son to help me to click to trust those 3000 domains to be able to ignore them.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2023

Thank you for sharing the answer you discovered through the Atlassian support team with the rest of the community, @Etienne Charlier   👍

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events