Where does JEditor plugin save images

Dieter Greiner August 12, 2013

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know where the plugin saves uploaded images?

It's important to know when i want to move data to another server

Regards,

Dieter

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Hi Dieter,

JEditor stores uploaded images in the regular Attachments folder (including those pasted by Ctrl-V). For example default path in 32-bit windows installation would be: "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments". To check your attachments path go to JIRA administration > System > Advanced > Attachments.

This is also important to know that Firefox may store some pasted images as base64 (these images are embedded into HTML document). JEditor 1.5.40+ doesn't allow Firefox to paste images as base64 (because it doesn't handle them well after) and forces uploading.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Dieter Greiner August 13, 2013

Thanks Alex,

i saw just now that images go to a subdirectory ck_upload_store. This is good for us since it eases moving the images along with other issue attachments to another location :-)

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

The documentation seems to indicate that images can only be referred by URL (fair enough). though exaclty how that works with incoming email and HTML referred inline images, I don't (yet) know.

Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Thanks Andy,

This is correct when you try to paste a local image file into JEditor. Your browser won't let it happen.

If you paste an image (e.g. make a screenshot) JEditor will be able to handle it in webkit/gecko browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox and etc).

If you need any information regarding JEditor or interested in better compatibility with JEMH please feel free to contact us directly: support@jiraeditor.com.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Hi Alex, I do have users asking for HTML output / compat with jeditor, just a little busy at the mo, I'll be in touch, thanks.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2013

I am assuming in the issue as an attachment?

Dieter Greiner August 12, 2013

no, there isn't any attachment. That's why i am so curious ....

Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

BTW this is possible to attach any uploads as issue attachments (in this case both JEditor and JIRA will store the file). See Attach Uploads option in JEditor Configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events