EazyBI - calculate sum of custom field values for issues in Epic?

Briana July 25, 2016

Hello!

I have issues linked to Epics with a custom field for Amount (numeric value). I want report the Total Sum of all Amounts by Epic. 

I've got a report configured to show all Epics and drill down to individual issues, and display the Amount field for each issue, but I'm struggling with how to calculate the aggregated sum at the Epic level. What's the formula I would use for that? 

3 answers

1 vote
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2017

Hi Natalia,

It would require importing custom field as a measure (if not available by default, you could perhaps define it via eazyBI advanced settings) and then you could use it in calculated measures calculation.

If you have more questions about this please contact eazyBI support and share more details and screenshots on this question.

Kind regards,

eazyBI support / Martins Vanags

0 votes
Natalia Lezhai February 19, 2017

Hello there! I have a problem with sum calculation. I want to define calculated member formula, but in order to do that I need a field to be seen as a measure, and not only as a dimension and property in source data. How can I do that?

0 votes
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2016

Hi Briana,

From your described report It seems you imported this custom field as an Issue property.

Either you import this field value as a measure (that would be the quickest way) via eazyBI import settings and then select this new measure instead of your current selected amount field.

OR

You create a new calculated measure using your imported issue property measure in the code (see below) where you could use the precise name of your imported measure in the code (last part of the code).

Sum(
  Filter(
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    AND
    [Measures].[Issues created]>0
)
,[Measures].[Issue Amount)
)

Please contact support@eazybi.com if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events