Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Jira Ticket Quality with JIRA AI

Vasiliou, George July 30, 2024

Hello,

I am the Service Transition and Change Management Lead. A common problem is that engineers and developers often use overly technical language and too many acronyms when explaining their changes, making it unclear what they are requesting. Additionally, the review process involves many people who often need to ask clarifying questions, request updates, or ask for additional tasks like adding attachments or approvals. This back-and-forth is time-consuming.

In Confluence, the AI "Summarize" button at the top and the "Summary comments" feature at the bottom are excellent tools that spur this idea. I suggest we implement similar functionality in Jira.

Example:

Inline comments

• The comments revolve around discussions related to...
    Suggested Action Items:
  • [List specific actions]

Page comments

• The comments cover various topics related to...
    Suggested Action Items:
  • [List specific actions]

User Story:
As a ticket reviewer, I want Jira AI to review a ticket's data fields and provide suggestions for clarity and completeness so that users know they have completed a Jira ticket correctly and comprehensively, avoiding wasted time. This includes highlighting comments or questions that have been asked but not answered and ensuring all necessary information is provided.

When on a Change Management CAB call, the resources involved are directors or high-level employees, making it very, very expensive. Therefore, it's crucial to streamline the call and avoid confusion at all costs.

I am sure this would be beneficial to all Jira users on any team.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 comment

Comment

Colin Hammond July 30, 2024

For Jira, you might want to take a look at Story Analyser it's a Jira app that will help automate analysis of both individual and sets of user stories.  It encourages Jira story authors to write clear, concise, consistent, complete, user-oriented stories.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events