Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will unsubscribing from Atlassian Access remove my identity provider?

Michał Kwieciński March 29, 2024

I have been using Google as an identity provider for the last 3-4 years.

In the meantime, paid Atlassian Access has been introduced. 

I have inadvertently enabled trial of Atlassian Access, which I would like to unsubscribe from.

When attempting to remove the Access product, there is a message that says:

Once unsubscribed, you will notice the following changes:

• Managed users will not be able to use SAML to login in and will need to set an Atlassian account password

Question: does it mean my identity provider link and resulting Google SSO will be gone as well? Or this is something else?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Michał Kwieciński 

It shouldn't do, as you don't require Access to connect Google Workspace.

It's not something I've tried though admittedly. If you want a definitive answer, I'd ask Atlassian Support to confirm - contact them via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Ste

Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Michał Kwieciński 

Just confirming that it is possible to use Google Workspace without Atlassian Access - see here: https://support.atlassian.com/provisioning-users/docs/connect-to-g-suite/

It has limits of course, but I assume you're aware of those if you were using it previously without Access.

Ste

This is also a reply I have been provided by the support, thank you

Like Ste Wright likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2024

@Michał Kwieciński hi!

I'm a bit puzzled from what you wrote. You state that you are using google as your IdP for 3-4 years now. Were you using it as an IdP to login to Jira you mean? And what do you mean that paid Atlassian Access was introduced? Access was always paid, except for the 30days trial.

In the meantime, there was introduced a paid, Access-only version of GSuite integration.

https://support.atlassian.com/provisioning-users/docs/set-up-g-suite/

I have found it in some old emails from late 2020 that I've had 6 months free trial of Atlassian Access.

So maybe the question should be - will I revert to free version of GSuite integration? Because the message is at least confusing.

And yes - we use Google accounts for logging in to Jira.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2024

To use an IdP with Jira you must have access. Tbh, I was not aware of the "free GSuite Integration". Most likely, when you stop access, you lose all benefits from access (user provisioning, SSO, authentication policies etc). I'm not sure that you can go back to the free integration but I would strongly suggest to raise a request to Atlassian first.

0 votes
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

Hello @Michał Kwieciński 

This depends if you have setup your IdP (okta, azure ad, etc.). If you already have the IdP link already, then yes the Atlassian Access will be gone for that one as well and the users need to be using the Atlassian password as well. This would cause a much bigger issue if you had some domains set up.

As I wrote at the beginning, I have had Google set up as IdP for the last 3-4 years.

And yes, I have 3 domains linked to this IdP.

Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2024

In short, yes, removing the Atlassian Access subscription will affect on the SSO.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events