Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Access user count exceed the billable License count ?

bhumika.ray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

One of our customers has 800 Access User License but their user license count shown in the user management is more than 1100. They have stopped auto-providing users in their AD and manually grant the license to the Atlassian user. How can this spike in licenses be fixed.?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Kieren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Hi @bhumika.ray 

You could do a few things:

1. Deactivate 300 users. If there’s no active user, you won’t get billed.

2. Remove all product access from 300 users in your org. To bill for Atlassian Access, a user needs to be both provisioned and have access to a product in your org.

3. Add 300 users to your non-billable policy.

Option 1 you could automate by calling one of the org APIs, but for 300 users you might be faster to hear manually deactivate them.

Option 2/3 you’d be best off manually doing.

We have an automation app launching soon that could automate option 2, but not for a few weeks unfortunately.

-Kieren

Co-Founder @ Smol Software | Ex-Atlassian

bhumika.ray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2024

Hey @Kieren 

I get your point. Thank you so much for the insight.

Cheers

Bhumika

Kieren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2024

@bhumika.ray FYI, we launched our Admin Automation App on the Atlassian Marketplace, which allows you to do bulk actions such as in option 2.

Hope it all worked out for you

-Kieren

Co-Founder @ Smol Software | Ex-Atlassian

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events