Questions about product and managed Audiences

大久保早輝 March 11, 2024

I have two questions.

First, I can select "Jira" at product of Detections, but does this include JSM as well as JSW?

Second, does the detection include movement from JSM customers or external intrusions?

I'm sorry for my poor English, but please answer.

2 answers

1 vote
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2024

Hi @大久保早輝

1. Jira detections cover all Jira projects since it's based on issue events so any under JWM or JSM would trigger this. 

2. Our detections only cover managed users with matching email domains in your organization. Can you provide more info about your situation and what type of activity you'd like to see covered?

Thanks!

0 votes
大久保早輝 March 11, 2024

Hi @Tygrr DosRemedios 
Thanks for the reply!

When you say, "managed users with matching email domains in your organization", do you mean users who appear as JSM customers in the ATLASSIAN-managed user information?
And, are portal-only customers unsupervised?

Let me ask you an additional question.

Beacon has "User", "Product admin", and "User access admin".
Is it correct to recognize that the monitoring target is User or higher, and you need to have the "Product admin" permission to view Beacon Alerts?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2024

JSM external customers would not count as managed users. Atlassian accounts with email addresses from your verified domain are managed accounts. Sometimes an alert may go off from an external user triggering a detection but we are unable to properly display the user, only an ID number will show up. We are not covering those users yet. We will have more detections down the road to cover external JSM portal users but it will likely be after FY24.

At the moment, all Beacon users have the same product permissions. We are working on potentially separating those out in the future but you can just add Beacon users as Product Admins for simplicity.

Like 大久保早輝 likes this
大久保早輝 March 12, 2024

Hi @Tygrr DosRemedios 
Thanks for the reply!

I understand! Thank you very much.

By the way, when will Beacon be officially released?

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
March 14, 2024

@大久保早輝 We are working on pricing and will have more information about general availability in the next couple of months!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events