Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does turning on SSO for corporate employees affect external users that also have access to Jira

Cindi Nicolas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

We want to use Atlassian Access to support SSO within our employees (~15). How will turning on SSO affect the login experience of our external users (~15 clients)? We host shared Jira tickets and dashboards with them?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Abhishek Jain
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2024

Hi Cindi, 

One of the pre-requisite of using Atlassian Access is to have a verified domain in your organisation. 

With the domain verified, all the users that belong to this domain will become managed accounts in your org. 

You can then move these users to a sso-enforced authentication policy for them to be able to login via SSO. 

There will not be any impact on the external users who have access to your products and contribute in your projects. These external users will still be logging in either using the username/password based authentication or will follow the authentication method based on the authentication policy rules if these are managed by any other organisation. 

Thanks,

Abhishek Jain

Cindi Nicolas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

Thank you so much, Abhishek

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events