Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the quote process so complicated?

Martin Svitek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2021

We currently use on-premise Jira and Confluence.

We are thinking about moving to cloud this year so I requested a quote through our re-seller.

It turned out to be very painful process after which I seriously consider if we should continue using the products.

The reseller wants from us (and says that Atlassian insists on it):

1. URL of the trial account. Why do we have to have a trial account first if I know what I want exactly? We will change url anyway - it is just trial.

2. SEN numbers of trial accounts - why can't Atlassian find the SEN trial number on its own based on trial URL? This part seriously makes absolutely no sense to me.

3. All features that we want must be turned on (Teams Calendar, JQL Search Extension, Checklist for Jira etc.) on trial account otherwise Atlassian refuses to provide a quote. And again we have to provide their SEN. Why?

The whole process is absolutely annoying if I know exactly what I need the quote for and yet I have to go through this painful process of turning on everything that I need first and then copy & pasting SEN numbers.

Martin

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Lourdes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2021

Hi Martin, My name is Lourdes and I am a Manager for the Customer Advocate team here at Atlassian. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback.  We are dedicated to providing a smooth purchasing experience and we apologize that your experience thus far has been a bit rocky. At a high level - I will try to address your questions below. However, I would like the opportunity to look into your request a bit more closely  - I will reach out to you directly via email to ensure the security of your account. 

1. URL of the trial account. Why do we have to have a trial account first if I know what I want exactly? We will change url anyway - it is just trial.

2. SEN numbers of trial accounts - why can't Atlassian find the SEN trial number on its own based on trial URL? This part seriously makes absolutely no sense to me.

• If a reseller is requesting a quote for an existing Cloud site, for security purposes we require that they confirm either the SEN or the Cloud URL,  as well as an authorized contacts email address.

3. All features that we want must be turned on (Teams Calendar, JQL Search Extension, Checklist for Jira etc.) on trial account otherwise Atlassian refuses to provide a quote. And again we have to provide their SEN. Why?

• For an existing Cloud subscription, our quoting system requires that the site be configured with all products required for the annual subscription. This is especially important for our monthly subscription holders, to ensure that Site Administrators are aware of product activations that would impact their billing. However, for budgeting purposes, we can create a quote without a trial if a list of products and user tiers are provided at the time of the request.

I look forward to connecting with you shortly via email! Cheers

Martin Svitek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2021

Thank you Lourdes! I am looking forward connecting with you via e-mail.

Martin

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events