Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is the quote process so complicated?

We currently use on-premise Jira and Confluence.

We are thinking about moving to cloud this year so I requested a quote through our re-seller.

It turned out to be very painful process after which I seriously consider if we should continue using the products.

The reseller wants from us (and says that Atlassian insists on it):

1. URL of the trial account. Why do we have to have a trial account first if I know what I want exactly? We will change url anyway - it is just trial.

2. SEN numbers of trial accounts - why can't Atlassian find the SEN trial number on its own based on trial URL? This part seriously makes absolutely no sense to me.

3. All features that we want must be turned on (Teams Calendar, JQL Search Extension, Checklist for Jira etc.) on trial account otherwise Atlassian refuses to provide a quote. And again we have to provide their SEN. Why?

The whole process is absolutely annoying if I know exactly what I need the quote for and yet I have to go through this painful process of turning on everything that I need first and then copy & pasting SEN numbers.

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Lourdes Atlassian Team Jun 11, 2021

Hi Martin, My name is Lourdes and I am a Manager for the Customer Advocate team here at Atlassian. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback.  We are dedicated to providing a smooth purchasing experience and we apologize that your experience thus far has been a bit rocky. At a high level - I will try to address your questions below. However, I would like the opportunity to look into your request a bit more closely  - I will reach out to you directly via email to ensure the security of your account. 

1. URL of the trial account. Why do we have to have a trial account first if I know what I want exactly? We will change url anyway - it is just trial.

2. SEN numbers of trial accounts - why can't Atlassian find the SEN trial number on its own based on trial URL? This part seriously makes absolutely no sense to me.

• If a reseller is requesting a quote for an existing Cloud site, for security purposes we require that they confirm either the SEN or the Cloud URL,  as well as an authorized contacts email address.

3. All features that we want must be turned on (Teams Calendar, JQL Search Extension, Checklist for Jira etc.) on trial account otherwise Atlassian refuses to provide a quote. And again we have to provide their SEN. Why?

• For an existing Cloud subscription, our quoting system requires that the site be configured with all products required for the annual subscription. This is especially important for our monthly subscription holders, to ensure that Site Administrators are aware of product activations that would impact their billing. However, for budgeting purposes, we can create a quote without a trial if a list of products and user tiers are provided at the time of the request.

I look forward to connecting with you shortly via email! Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

Cloud migration resources roundup: May 2021

...est practices.   And don’t forget about the tried and true! Cloud Migration Center - central hub for all things Atlassian Migration Program. Includes links to our full resources page, s...

567 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you