Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My free trial is locked after import

Steve Chadbourne May 11, 2020

I'm hoping a support person sees this and can help.

I started a free instance to test Australasia speed and tried to import data from my USA cloud account to simulate load. The import failed and the account is now locked.

I have seen similar issues on this forum that are still locked after 3 or 5 days.

Please can a support person unlock my instance.

univerus-australasia.atlassian.net

Cheers

Steve

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Steve Chadbourne May 17, 2020

Upgrading the site to Standard (on a 2 month trial) then importing the data again worked. As the data successfully imported (no issue with user count on standard) the site was unlocked.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2020

Hello Steve,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the logs of your site, I was able to see that it failed while importing users.

On a Free site, there is a limit for 10 licensed users, so maybe the other site had more users and while importing it failed due to the insufficient number of licenses.

I can see that you were able to access the site today, would it be possible to set users as inactive and import again?

You can edit the current backup or deactivate the users and create a new backup. In order to set users as inactive from the backup, you need to edit entities.xml file.

For that, please find the information below and set the active="1" as active="0" for users that you want to let inactive.

<User id="10000" directoryId="1" userName="admin" lowerUserName="admin" active="1" createdDate="2019-10-30 19:10:53.538" updatedDate="2020-04-29 00:28:45.705" displayName="Angelica Luz" lowerDisplayName="angelica luz" emailAddress="email@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="email@domain.com" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:1234a56b-c7de-8fg9-hij1-23456789k123" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

After that, save the file and compress it again to import it on a Cloud site.

Regards,
Angélica

Steve Chadbourne May 13, 2020

Hi Angelica

Please can you unlock the instance so we can try this. I still can't access it.

I see this from every page:

jira-locked.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, Steve.

Please, follow the steps I mentioned in my previous comment to edit the backup, and then you can import it again.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 14.03.05.png

If the new import doesn't work, since here from community we can't access your site, please reach out to the Migration team on https://support.atlassian.com/contact/. On the support plage, select "Migration support" on

"What can we help you with?".
The issue is related to users and groups, so edit the entities.xml to deactivate the users and let only your account and another admin as active.
Steve Chadbourne May 17, 2020

Hi Angelica. 

I can't do anything on the instance as it is locked.

Every time I click on an item in the side menu I see the same page. 

My only hope is that someone on the support team can unlock the instance.

Cheers

Steve

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events