It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating Jira/MySQL from Windows desktop to Linux Edited

My client is migrating a small Jira Application from a Windows Desktop to a Linux server. I presume the standard XML export/import will work for migrating the database.

Should the Jira application and MySQL database run under the same OS user? I would prefer they didn't, due to the support model (DBAs don't want non-DBAs messing with them). I would hope Jira would access the database as a database user. Can they run under separate users without an issue?

Any other thoughts or lessons learned would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

It doesn't matter. I would recommend running the Jira process as an unprivileged user, though, and configuring a reverse proxy (can run on the same server) to listen to port 80/443 and proxy to Jira over the default 8080 port.

Thank you, Dave!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Atlassian Cloud Migration

We want to hear from you about the server to cloud migration experience!

Hello! We are developing new set of features for the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant and Jira Cloud Migration Assistant and we’d like to invite our valued Atlassian Community members to help p...

571 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you