I am importing issues using CSV file via External System Import from one Cloud instance to another. I have to import 700+ issues from an existing project in the old instance to a newly created project in the new instance.
The users from the old instance do not exist in the new instance.
I ran into issues when I tried to run a test import.
I have couple of questions:
1) Is it best to create the users beforehand in the new instance before doing the CSV import or should I let the importer create the users ?
2) While I run the import without creating the users beforehand I get the error:
Cannot create user 5ff26926a9d03XXXXXXXX: Failed to add user
3) In which format should I specify the username for the below 3 fields ?
4) Is it mandatory to map/import the Reporter id, Assignee id and Creator id ? Or is it enough if I just import Reporter, Assignee and Creator fields.
5) Should I check the Map field value checkbox for usernames or not while configuring the values ?
6) Will the epic links be lost while importing stories from one instance to another ?
Below is the export csv from the old instance that I am using to import.
Hi Community, I’m Partha, the Head of Cloud Migrations at Atlassian. We are committed to making it as easy as possible for our customers to move to cloud and have been actively investing in our clo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events