cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Shortcuts

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2022

Hey everyone,

I've recently commented on a discussion where in a sidenote someone was complaining about the formatting toolbar always stays on top when you write a long article in the community - and scrolls away, so you need to scroll up again to use it.

You could argue now that maybe the article should be shorter, but I realized I mainly use some shortcuts - and wonder what shortcuts you use and know in the community.

So, here's my start:

• Bold - Cmd + B or Ctrl + B
  • Italic - Cmd + I or Ctrl + I
  • Underlined - Cmd + U or Ctrl + U
  • Linking - Cmd + K or Ctrl + K
  • Emojis - Ctrl + Cmd + Space (how about windows?)

Which shortcuts do you know?

4 comments

Comment

Christof Hurst May 3, 2022

I rarely use underline or italic but I use the headline formatting very often and also the / command. List shortcuts are obvious ;-)

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Are you talking about the community? Or Confluence (the new editor)? The / command in the community does nothing, right?

Are there shortcuts for creating lists? I'd love to know.

Christof Hurst May 4, 2022

Oh, if it's only about the community, then forget about /. 

The shortcuts for lists are just the * and "1."

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

I fear the other ones also only work in Confluence 🙃

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2022

I use the linking command pretty much every time I make a post. 🔗

Like # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

I think you've listed all the shortcuts available on Community 🙃 there's no markup either, so if you want options outside the ones you listed (including making lists), you have to scroll back up for the menu bar.

It will try to maintain formatting if you copy/paste from another source (like a Confluence page as an example). That's one possibility to make article writing easier, although you have to be careful to make sure your images are coming from a publicly-accessible spot or re-upload them here on Community.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2022

Thanks for the tips!

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events