Name of Jira Asset Fields

Jakob Hernandez November 8, 2023

Data source for the Jira Assets configuration doesn't include the name. 

It only references the long string value for asset id – I am needing to pull the "Name" without being forced to create unneeded left joins onto the query for a table. 

1 answer

0 votes
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2023

Hi Jakob,

Is it the asset name that you're looking for? This can be found in the "Label" column in the "Assets object" table. 

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 6.12.03 PM.png

I'm not sure why you needed to do a left join, so let me know if this helps or if I misunderstood your question.

Abc November 25, 2023

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2023

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, if you're querying multiple custom fields for a Jira issue, or multiple attribute values for an asset object, you will need to query them as separate queries with left joins in order to get the custom fields or attributes to be displayed in the table as unique columns.

As to why the "Label" column wasn't present, this could be because the column is not marked as Visible from the data source schema, or "Limited data" was selected in the Atlassian Data Lake. Did one of these resolve the issue for you? 

If you need any additional assistance, feel free to open a ticket with our support team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events