JWM: What are common queries/charts you expose on your dashboard?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2024

Hello all,

I am not a BI developer so I am looking to understand why I would use Analytics for Jira Work Management instead of a traditional Jira dashboard.

Also, I am looking to know what you typically put on your analytics dashboards.

Thank you for your time!

Jonathan

1 answer

0 votes
Rodney Dsouza February 9, 2024

The out-of-the-box charts tend to answer the simple and most-common questions.   But if you wanted to do time-series analysis (see counts over time), multiple metrics/lines on the same chart so that you can compare them, aggregations (e.g. sum for totals) of metrics  across rows and/or columns, then you'd need something else.

The "something else" could be something like the "Custom Charts for Jira Reports and Time in Status", which would give you better charting, but it likely would not answer the mail in terms of more complex needs.   These plugins tend to rely on JQL and so if you cannot phrase your query in JQL then you can't get an answer to your question.  

For more complex needs i.e. BI, you would need something like EazyBI or the Atlassian Analytics.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events