Will there be a way to link more than one EPIC to an Atlas Project?

Monty Bhatia July 26, 2023

We modelled JIRA where there is a project reflecting each business unit.

Each business unit may come together and work on one project together; while doing their own work in their own project space.

Is there a way to link more than one epic to an atlas project?  Of course we wouldnt sync project or epic titles as a result.

This allows Atlas to reference > 1 epic, and each epic to reference the one atlas project (and corresponding goals).

I know that we can add related links, but I'm wondering if there is a way to create one atlas project to reflect multiple epics.  This would be a great way to provide overall project updates across multiple teams.

Thanks.

5 answers

28 votes
Niraj Patil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2023

Hi, @Monty Bhatia , thanks for your feedback. We're currently looking into supporting adding multiple epics to an Atlas project but we don't quite have a timeframe on when we'll actively work on it. We hear feedback on this often and as soon as we begin work on this, we'll let you know.

Monty Bhatia August 11, 2023

Thank you @Niraj Patil hoping to see it implemented.

Like # people like this
Matt Lane August 13, 2023

Thanks for asking the question @Monty Bhatia , and thanks for the response on this @Niraj Patil  !  We really would like to have this (1 to many) functionality to get best value out of how we'd like to use Atlas.

Like # people like this
Jo-Lee Bertrand August 15, 2023

Also voting for this!

Bruno
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2023

+1 for multiple epics support!

Like # people like this
Kieron Smith September 27, 2023

Yes, +1.

This is definitely an issue for Atlas adoption.  I fail to see what it really offers us over epics themselves.

Epics have a description, comments, a list of tickets, and even a progress meter.  Why do we need Atlas if projects can't bridge multiple epics.

Like # people like this
Jason Amerine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2023

Yes, +1 on this feature.

Like # people like this
Lewis Baker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 9, 2023

Yes, +1 on this feature.

Like Cyprien Kraaijpoel likes this
Nicola Tesser
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 10, 2024

+1 on this feature

JCameron January 11, 2024

I was really surprised that this wasn't done in the initial implementation. The concept of the tool makes a lot of sense, but this limitation breaks that concept by forcing either a very specific Jira usage and company operational workflow, or by making me not bother linking up projects themselves to the Jira side of things. At least on the Jira side we can link higher level issue types that "live" above Epics, even if those are primarily used for organizational purposes and not actual tasking.

Bryan Darr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 19, 2024

Is there a jira.atlassian.com issue we can follow for this?

Like Karen Cherry likes this
darntough
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

I am also stuck on being able to leverage this tool without tracking against multiple Epics. I would love to hear more on where this feature sits on the Atlas roadmap.

Like Mattias Ahnberg likes this
Parker Mosman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 15, 2024

+1

Christine Houlding March 18, 2024

Loved the idea of Atlas and got really excited about using it, until I saw I can only link 1 Epic. This simply wouldn't work for us as a project is made up of multiple Epics.  I'm hoping this enhancement will follow soon!

Like # people like this
Mattias Ahnberg April 7, 2024

@Niraj Patil any updates on this one? It is still a massive blocker from what could otherwise be a useful tool for us to use more widely.

VP April 9, 2024

I agree. There must be a way to link more than 1 epic. We experimented with "Initiative" type in Jira, but that didn't spinoff quite well.

Jessica Hollander
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 13, 2024

This is a blocker for my team to use Atlas as a way to understand our deliveries

10 votes
Jo-Lee Bertrand November 9, 2023

Only 1 epic is the reason I can no longer use Atlas. - Sorry, this is not an answer but I only seem to be able to edit and not delete. 

3 votes
_jonny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 27, 2024

Atlas needs to be able to connect to a Project or an Epic.  Not just an Epic.  :(

1 vote
Spencer Kotowick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 22, 2024

+1

What's the point of using projects if it only has a 1:1 mapping to Epics. 

Mind's well just use epics then.

Thorben Röder May 8, 2024

+1

1 vote
Ananth Subramanian January 29, 2024

support this feature

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events