External access from outside our company to Atlas

James Moir January 19, 2023

We are currently investigating Atlas as a tool to track project goals against delivery. I would like to know if we can allow external stakeholders (outside the company) access to view any Atlas project or status updates?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Hi @James Moir - apologies for the delayed response!

Currently Atlas projects and goals are shared internally with the organization. However if they are in a Slack channel that is connected to a project/goal, they will see the relevant updates in there, but won't be able to open in Atlas if they click through.

Could you share how/why you'd like to share these with external stakeholders so we can look into this?

Thanks, Daniella

James Moir March 6, 2023

Hi @Daniella Latham thanks very much for getting back to me and letting me know.

This was a more general question in relation to how we could share Atlas updates, and if Atlas supported guest / external access similar to Jira.

We don't use Slack to communicate, though I'm happy to use Atlas to share updates internally and send any external updates via emails or an update presentation.

Thanks for the advice and getting back to me

Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Thanks @James Moir, this is good feedback! Could you let me know why guest access would be be useful/valuable for you, so I can share this back with the team? 

James Moir March 6, 2023

Hi @Daniella Latham with the projects I am responsible for I have a diverse range of stakeholders, many of which are consultants or do not directly work for our organization.

Sharing Atlas updates direct with all my stakeholders would be useful, and the ability to control what get shared to each external user group would also be a good feature.

Like # people like this
Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2023

Thanks @James Moir! I've shared this feedback with our team. 

John Ickes March 22, 2023

Hi @Daniella Latham - we build custom projects for some customers and while we do have meetings with them to talk about budgets and overall progress it would be helpful if we could use Atlas to share information in between or even in lieu of some of these meetings.  If there was a way to mark items as internal and any others could be shared it would be awesome!  

Client communication is always a struggle when you are busy building things, so having something that can serve all interested parties is really helpful.

Like Clancey likes this
1 vote
David Scott May 28, 2023

Like James, our projects can have internal and external stakeholders. Often the external stakeholders are clients who are funding the project. I am evaluating Atlas to see how useful it may be for clients who are users within our Jira instance. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events