Can't seem to sync an Atlas project to a Jira Epic from Atlas

Majken Longlade November 1, 2022

I get the button to Sync (both the large purple first run button, and the button in the edit link dialog), but when I click it, nothing happens.

Setting up the sync from Jira works.

I tried adding myself as a collaborator, and as the project owner in case it was a permissions issue, but that didn't seem to fix it either.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2022

Thanks for raising @Majken Longlade

We're unsure what could be causing this, do you mind checking your browser console to see if there are any errors when you click the button? E.g. if you are using Chrome, right-click and select "inspect" from your browser. Then select the "Console tab".

Once you've done that, refresh your page and then click the button then screenshot if anything appears in your browser console? 

To make things easier to troubleshoot, you might want to hit the "Feedback" button in the product so we can move the conversation to a private Jira issue.

Majken Longlade November 2, 2022

Thanks for the response!

Here's what shows up in the console after hitting the Sync with Jira Software button

atlas-sync-does-nothing-console.png

Will also use the submit feedback feature to continue troubleshooting.

Curious if this is only our instance. We do embed our Confluence one-pagers into the What are we doing? field rather than filling out the project separately, I assume that's not typical behaviour.

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Majken Longlade November 2, 2022

(nope just tested with a project that doesn't have an embed and it still didn't work)

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2022

Thanks @Majken Longlade I've responded to you in your Jira ticket.

It's not related to embedding Confluence pages in your What you're doing field - awesome to hear you're using embeds from other products! 

Ash Ahmad
Atlassian Team
November 3, 2022

Hi @Majken Longlade ! Thanks again for reporting this bug. We've identified and patched the bug in our code that's causing this, so you should be able to sync epics from Atlas again 😄

Like # people like this
0 votes
David Exner December 20, 2023

Hello everyone, for those using Safari and getting: "Wrong URL. Try pasting a new Jira link", it helped us to disable content blockers on the Atlas site - for one time change, long press on the circular Reload button in the address bar and select "Reload Without Content Blockers".

For a constant change, go to "Safari" → "Settings for https://team.atlassian.com/" → and Untick "Enable content blockers". 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events