Atlas is new to our company. Can I add projects that are already underway?

Laura Rusenstrom March 27, 2023

We'd like to start using Atlas but it seems that we can only add updates with dates in the future. We have a number of projects that are already well underway and have status updates written in Confluence. For us, point of using Atlas would be to centralize all the updates in one place and surface them; we don't want to see updates prior to X date in one place and after X date in another.

Is it possible to "migrate" the older updates and dates for an existing project to fully build it out in Atlas?

1 answer

2 votes
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Laura Rusenstrom

Great question, thanks for asking. My answer is yes you can absolutely track already in flight projects in Atlas. However you won't be able to import the status update history.

My suggestion here would be to:

• Create a project in Atlas with the same name as the project that's tracked via Confluence
  • Set the target date to be the same
  • Post your first update and link to the Confluence page, saying that updates prior to this date are tracked in Confluence
  • Update the Confluence page with a link to the Atlas ticket (it can even render as a nice embed with the info about the project)
  • From that point on the source of truth is Atlas

Hope that helps!
Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events