Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature announcement: dark mode in draw.io

Hi Atlassian Community! I'm excited to share a new draw.io feature with you all - dark mode! Whether you’re looking to reduce strain on the eyes, save some battery, or you simply like the aesthetics, draw.io’s dark mode feature further enhances your customization capabilities to align with your personal preferences.

Easily switch to dark mode

Switching to dark mode will invert the color scheme, thus maintaining contrast between the background, shapes and text. You can easily switch to dark mode at the click of a button.

To view your diagram in dark mode:

1. Click on the sun icon on the right of the screen
  2. Choose Dark to switch to dark mode, or Automatic, for draw.io to mirror your system settings.

Tips:

• Although the colors will always adapt to be visually distinct in light or dark mode, it’s never a bad idea to switch between the two, to double-check how things look in the opposite theme from the one you created it in. 
  • When working with PNG, JPG, or SVG file types, you can export your diagram in light or dark mode. Just click on the Appearance dropdown menu and select the option you want.

Dark mode has already been released for Jira. Confluence is in the process of rolling out dark mode, which is currently in its beta phase. If this option is available to you, you will find it by clicking on your profile picture and selecting Theme BETA. Changing your mode to light or dark will automatically set your embedded draw.io diagram to mirror the same mode. You may need to refresh your Confluence or Jira webpage for the changes to fully apply to your diagram.

Not using draw.io yet? Start your free 30-day trial today. Or book a free no-obligation demo with our customer success team to learn more about how draw.io can make life easier and more productive for you and everyone in (and outside of) your company!

Have you tried dark mode in your Atlassian tools yet? Have you tried diagramming in dark mode? What do you think? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading! 

6 comments

Comment

Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2023

Hey @Mike Rink -drawio Diagrams-

Brilliant news. Glad to hear we will have dark mode on the diagrams.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2023

Looks even better than I could have imagined!

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2023

Hi @Mike Rink -drawio Diagrams- ,

Is the new feature rolling out only for Cloud or we will have for Data Centre as well ?

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Mike Rink -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2023

@Rilwan Ahmed , dark mode is only available for Confluence Cloud, but I know Atlassian has dark mode on their public roadmap for 2024. To contribute to discussions or submit feature requests for draw.io (include dark mode in data center) please feel free to participate in our public Github: https://github.com/jgraph/drawio

Like # people like this
Christophe Kerkhofs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2023

Is there a way to disable the dark theme?  I have my dark theme enabled in confluence while some of my colleagues have not.  When I create a mockup screen using a screenshot of our application as startpoint, it looks completely different based on the theme of the user.

Mike Rink -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2023

@Christophe Kerkhofs Are you referring to draw.io specifically? Or dark mode for Confluence? As far as I know, turning off theming for Confluence is not possible. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events