Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anovaapps Global SSO

Hello!

In this article I will show you how to set up Anovaapps Global SSO for Jira with Okta.

You can watch a video for this article here.

I have a developer account for Okta but it should be the same with the standard Okta account.

Install Global SSO

Go to manage apps -> Find new apps and enter global sso in the search field. Then push the install button on the found app.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.17.04.png

Create Okta application

Create an account either on the dev Okta site or production Okta site.

After you created your account go to Applications and push the “Create Integration App” button:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.23.37.png

Then choose SAML 2.0

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.24.55.png

Push the “Next” button

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.26.01.png

Enter the App name and push the “Next” button

Enter your url in the “Single Sign On URL” input field in the following format:

http://${your-domain.com}/${atlassian-application-path}/plugins/servlet/globalconsumer

Enter the same url as in the “Single Sign On URL” input field in the “Audience URI (SP Entity ID)” input field.

Enter your url in the following format into the “Default RelayState” input field:

http://${your-domain.com}/${atlassian-application-path}

Here are my input values:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.32.36.png

Now push the “Next” button.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.33.32.png

Choose “I’m a software vendor” and push the “Finish” button.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.35.07.png

Push the “Identity Provider metadata” link:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.36.07.png

Copy the url.

Go to the “Assignments” tab and a assign a user to this Application. The user must have the same email address as a user in Jira.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.44.55.png

Setup Global SSO

Go to manage apps -> SAML Consumer Configuration. Choose the “Metadata URL” option, enter the copied url into the “Metadata URL” and enter the “Secret phrase”:

Push the “Parse settings from metadata” button:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.37.42.png

Go to the “Advanced Setup” tab and make sure that the “Cookie Path” input field has a value. If not then add “/” to the field and push the “Save” button.

If you have a load balancer in front of your nodes and this node balancer performs a status check on your nodes then you need to exclude this path from sso.

For example, my load balancer queries the /status endpoint from my Jira instance. To add an exception go to manage apps -> Global SSO settings and enter “/status;” in the “Exclude paths” input field:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 09.41.39.png

Push the “Save” button.

Check SSO connection

Open new incognito window and enter the url to your Jira instance. You will be redirected to Okta for authentication:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 10.01.22.png

Enter the valid user name and password and push the “Sign In” button:

As a result you will be redirected to your Jira and you will be logged in with your user:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 10.02.48.png

That is all for the article! Have a good day!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events