Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tempo Timesheet and Jira Time Entry

Daniele Villani September 23, 2024

We recently moved from Jira Server to Jira Cloud and still using Tempo Timesheet app to record our worklog.

On the issue form we can see both Tempo and Jira time entry buttons.

image.png

We want to disable Jira "Time Entry" button because it's request form is missing the required custom fields we added on Tempo worklog screen.

Is it possible?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Robert DaSilva - Adaptavist
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2024

Hi @Daniele Villani , welcome to the Community!

This might be related to the Global Time-Tracking Provider settings. A Jira Product Administraor will need to help (unless you have those privileges).

You can find these settings under the Cog wheel in the top right, and then under Issues. Under the "Issue Features" banner in the left menu, there should be an option for "Time Tracking". You'll want to make sure this is displaying as "Tempo Timesheets" instead of "Jira provided time tracking".

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 3.30.21 PM.png

Here is the guide from the Tempo Timesheets documentation: https://help.tempo.io/timesheets/latest/selecting-tempo-as-your-time-tracking-provider

Let me know if that helps resolve the issue.

Daniele Villani September 24, 2024

Unfortunately it doesn't have any effect on the button.

image.png

I can see three options and give a try one by one, but no one is changing the issue form.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2024

Hey @Daniele Villani , I was not expecting to see three items in that dropdown. Do you have more than one time tracking tool installed on your Cloud instance?

Daniele Villani September 25, 2024

We have two apps from Tempo. One of them was formerly named "Timesheet Reports and Gadgets" now "Time Tracker for JIRA Cloud".

image.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2024

Hi @Daniele Villani ,

That makes more sense! I believe the "Time Entry" button is being supplied by the TIme Tracker app, while the "Add Tempo To Plan..." button is being supplied by Timesheets. (Or maybe the other way around.)

You'll have to look through the Tempo settings to disable one of them, if at all possible.

The default field that allows for tracking time in Jira is actually "Log Work", and it looks like that's properly being hidden.

Like Daniele Villani likes this
Daniele Villani September 25, 2024

I have switched off "Disable Log Work" in the configuration to remove the buttons to start time tracker.

image.png

Then, removed any group from the "Time Entry Issue Panel Groups" from the Access configuration option

image.png

This has disabled all the functions in the issue panel but not removed the "Time Entry" button

image.png

This could be just enough for me but is not so funny to see a button with an empty function on the screen :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events