Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script to Spawn

Joey November 15, 2019

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not finding anything in a quick search so here goes...

we do NOT have JSD so we use a generic 'consult project' for general requests.  I'm looking to spawn/create an issue in a different project based on a workflow transition and the value in a field. 

Example: someone submits a ticket for a consult.  either they, or they assignee IDs a team, project, value in a custom field that will own this.  I dont want to move the ticket to the new project, it needs to work through the consult workflow.  if it hits something like "consult requested" in the workflow, i need a new issue to generate in a different project.  

Hope that makes sense,  

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2019

That is fairly straightforward to accomplish with a Workflow PostFunction on the "Request Consult" transition.

• From the workflow edit screen, click on the transition and go to the post functions.
  • Click on add post function
  • Select Script Post-Function [ScriptRunner] and click add
  • Click on "Clones and issue and link"

Then, click add a follow the documentation for how to fill in the details: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.3/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_clones_an_issue_and_links

Joey November 18, 2019
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events