cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GreenHopper - Rank Fields

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2013

Hi,

We have recently upgraded JIRA to 5.2.11 version and GreenHopper to the 6.2.3 (currently latest) .. When starting JIRA or reindexing we noticed some warns and error related to the Rank (Obsolete) field.. After that we noticed that in the Custom Field list we have below fields:

• Rank (Locked)
  • Rank (Obsolete)
  • Global Rank

I am guessing that Rank (Locked) is the current used field. In the description of Global Rank we noticed an information: "This field contains ranking data from Rapid Board usage in GreenHopper Labs and can be removed if the Rapid Board was not used for ranking in GreenHopper Labs."

The question is... Can we just delete those old rank fields without any risk of breaking current data? Did someone did that?

Thanks,

Mirek

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2013

The problem was related to duplicated fields. New fields was created on every upgrade. Very complex but on the other hand a good workaround fixed the problem:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+Fix+the+Duplicate+GreenHopper+Custom+Fields+After+Upgrading

I hope that this aricle will help someone that is having a similar problem.

Best Regards,

Mirek

ViswanathanR March 3, 2015

No permissions to view the article

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

hi mirek.

i did so..

removed Global Rank and Rank (Obsolete)

we had no data loss

to be on the save side i suggest cloning your instance and test it in the non-productive environment

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2013

Thank you! We are not doing any thing without using TEST instance, so in this case for sure it will be tested in that way..

BTW.

How did you check that everything is ok and nothing is lost?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events