cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is not a valid source path / url in Sourcetree

sri kanchinatham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 29, 2015

I am getting following error when I am giving following path;

https://skanchinatham@source.fitbit.com/scm/ns/warehouse-integration.git

this is not a valid source path / url

image2015-7-29 12:58:35.png

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2015

I see that the link points to a Stash server. There are several possibilities:

• The URL might actually be wrong. Go to the web page of the repository on the server and compare this URL with the link you get by pressing the Clone button in the top left.
  • Instead of this, you can also try the "Clone in SourceTree" button under the URL in the clone dialog on the web page
  • If the URL is actually correct, there might be something blocking the connection between your computer and the server. Try using another protocol (SSH or HTTP).
  • While doing all this, you might want to press the "Details..." button on the dialog in your screenshot, maybe it gives you something useful.

ilker doğan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 23, 2016

Hi @Balazs Szakmary,

I have tried all your advices but none of then worked. When I clciked the error details, there was no detail. 

Do you have any other advice?

ThanksspurceTeeError.PNG

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

This is really weird...

The URL in your screenshot _is_ correct. I suspect you have the third case from my list above (something blocking the connection). Have you tried HTTPS instead of SSH? If not, try that. If yes, try updating SourceTree to the latest version. If that does not help, you can create a bug report at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/SRCTREEWIN

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events