Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get entities of notificationScheme?

Vedant Kulkarni` March 17, 2017

How to get events and receivers of Notification Scheme programmatically from JIRA. The events like Issue Created, Issue Closed, etc and receivers like watchers, assignee, reporter, etc? 

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2017

In what context?

A listener for example, picks up the event naturally.  But you might be trying to write a report.  What are you trying to "get" and where?  Might be easier to explain why you're asking, in terms of what the end user gets out of what you're writing.

Thank you for the immediate reply.

I want to extract all fields related to notification schemes like notification name, description, the event like issue assigned, issue created, etc and receivers like assignee, reporter, etc by using java API. I got the name and description as I used notificationSchemeManager for that. But I am not getting its events and receivers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2017

That's pretty much what you asked before.  Could you give us the context I've asked for?

ok. Yes, for example, the listener.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2017

Ok, a listener is a receiver, and it has direct access to the event that triggered it, so that case is probably a poor example.

Could you explain what you are trying to do for the users here?

Vedant Kulkarni` March 18, 2017

If an event is triggered let's say Issue Created and there are receivers let's say allWatchers, reporters, etc who will receive particular notification. So with respect to every event, there are receivers within a notification scheme. So I want those events and receivers using API.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2017

You'd need to read the notification scheme for the event and use it to build a list of people.  See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/server/com/atlassian/jira/notification/NotificationSchemeManager.html

Vedant Kulkarni` March 19, 2017

Thank you, Nic.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events