Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML import into JIRA

Shawn Selway
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2011

I have been tasked with moving 100+ items from sifterapp.com to JIRA 4.3. The sifterapp.com allows csv but does not include the comments so thats not good. I was able to get an XML dump which includes everything but I am having problems figuring out how to add / import it into the local JIRA which we are testing out.

Any ideas how to get this .XML file to import this one project?

Thanks,

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2011

For just a few items. retype them. Honest! For more than a few, convert the XML to the format expected by the CSV importer which can handle comments. Then use that.

Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2012

I'd also go with CSV import. You should be able to easily translate XML into CSV, e.g using XSLT templates, existing applications or your own code.

CSV import is great as it will preserve the comments dates/users and you can even import attachments via downloadable URLs (watch out if attachment download requires HTTP authentication as it's not supported).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events