Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why? Client with address "xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa", and hostname "xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa" is forbidden from making requests

Douglas Leech February 9, 2012

I have created a Crowd plugin by folllowing the documented instructions. Everything seems to run fine - the app starts with no apparant error but when I attempt to signon on using admin/admin I get an invalid logon message and the following stack trace:

NOTE: The IP addresses in the stack trace have been modified to hide their true identity - in the log both the client and host have the same IP address and are both correct.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2012-02-10 14:16:09,017 http-7000-1 ERROR [crowd.console.action.Login] Client with address "347.403.49.45", and hostname "347.403.49.45" is forbidden from making requests to the application, crowd.; nested exception is com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthorizationTokenException: Client with address "347.403.49.45", and host name "347.403.49.45" is forbidden from making requests to the application, crowd.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] org.springframework.security.AuthenticationServiceException: Client with address "347.403.49.45", and hostname "347.403.49.45" is forbidden from making requests to the application, crowd.; nested exception is com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthorizationTokenException: Client with address "347.403.49.45", and hostname "347.403.49.45" is forbidden from making requests to the application, crowd.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurity.CrowdAuthenticationProvider.translateException(CrowdAuthenticationProvider.java:289)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurity.CrowdAuthenticationProvider.authenticateUsernamePassword(CrowdAuthenticationProvider.java:152)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurity.CrowdAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(CrowdAuthenticationProvider.java:90)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:188)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurity.DynamicProviderManagerImpl.doAuthentication(DynamicProviderManagerImpl.java:39)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.springframework.security.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:46)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.springframework.security.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter.attemptAuthentication(AuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:82)

Can anyone provide any suggestions.

Doug

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Douglas Leech February 26, 2012

Question was invalid - two instances of Crowd were running on the same server and these were interfering with each other.

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2012

Is the source applications IP address added to the Remote Addresses list in the application tab?

1 vote
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012
First, i'm no crowd expert but this error looks like you send some binary data as ip address where ascii data is expected or vice versa. Legal ip addresses cannot have octets > 255. Maybe this helps you http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/Client+Host+is+Invalid
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012
0 votes
Douglas Leech February 12, 2012

The problem has changed - during the previous run my colleague had an instance of crowd running on the same server (using a different port). We did notice that his log would detect some activity whenever I attempted to logon to my instance. Today his instance is down and we only have one crowd instance running. I am still not able to logon but the error messages are different. I will re-post a different question.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events