Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the resource of type "view" used in a plugin?

norbyltd March 18, 2017

I see in all plugin examples a resources such as

<resource type="freemarker" name="view" location="xxx.ftl"/> .

When is this template used within Bamboo?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2017

Those are free marker templates: http://freemarker.org

They are used for most plugin view, including actions, task configurations and web fragments, and are also used for other things like notifications. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/freemarker-and-notification-templates-289276983.html for some sample usage.

norbyltd March 19, 2017

I haven't expressed myself well, sorry.

I know what they are. I have an edit template and a view template. I see the edit template in use when a task is created or edited in Bamboo. I am asking in which flow within Bamboo would the view template be used?

A related question is in which circumstances will populateContextForView() of AbstractTaskConfigurator be called?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Ah ok. In the later versions of Bamboo, you don't need it because the "View" template is not rendered anywhere. As soon as you click on the Task, it renders the "Edit" template.

norbyltd March 20, 2017

Thank you.

I do get the feeling that much of the documentation is very out of date.

Writing my plugin requires a lot of guesswork.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events