Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for UI testing tool?

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Hello - Is there a testing tool recommended for the JIRA application? I don't mean plugin testing using traditional JUnit tests, but something that would interact with the browser UI. We have a highly-customized JIRA application that we'd like to use an automated testing tool with.

I should add that we're using JIRA 4.1.2, so Zephyr isn't an option. :-(

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

I decided to go with Selenium IDE. It's perfect for my needs and works great right out of the box!

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

If you want to perform automated HTML testing, none of the Zephyr products will work. Each offers in various fashion test management capabilties and reporting abilities. Additionally, you can integrate any automation tool with the Zephyr Enterprise Edition, but you would certainly need that tool first.

Kind Regards

Chris

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

You are correct ot say that Zephyr for JIRA doesn't integreate with JIRA 4.x. However Zephyr does offer two other products which do integrate with JIRA 4.x

Check out our Zephyr Enterprise Edition and free Zephyr Community Edition here:

http://www.getzephyr.com/zephyr/zephyr_enterprise/overview.php

http://www.getzephyr.com/zephyr/zephyr_community/overview.php

The Enterprise Edition offers open integrations with about any automation tool.

You can see this documented here:

http://developer.yourzephyr.com/

Kind Regards,

Chris

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

So if I'm reading correctly, Zephyr is not an automation tool itself, correct? I'm hoping for a tool that will perform html testing.

0 votes
Uwe Sauerbrei March 25, 2013

Might be you try Jubula from Bredex. They provide excellent HTML and UI testing in an eclipse environment and this version is free.

Regards, Uwe

Uwe Sauerbrei March 26, 2013

I just asked the product manager of jubula if there is a chance to use it this way. I'll tell you the answer as soon as it arrives here.

Regards from Hamburg, Uwe

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Thanks for your input! I gave Jubula a try, but it crashes & burns when displaying the JIRA home page. None of the javascript works for some reason...

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013

Hello Dickersonc,

Too bad that you can't use that =/

Well, you still could pick it up from this list, not sure if all of them would help but it would help a little:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Integrate+JIRA+With+A+Test+Case+Manager

Let me know,

Cheers,

Guilherme

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2013
Thanks Guilherme! But would these tools good for testing the JIRA app itself??

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events