cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira API call received 400 response, but created issue anyway

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

We have an external process that allows a user to create a JIRA issue through the rest/API.  It also receives the response code to let the user know that the issue was created.  We have run into a scenario where the API call is sending a 400 response code back to the user, so the user thinks the issue wasn't created.  They are then creating another issue, which gets the proper response back.  The problem is, the first issue was actually created, so we are getting duplicate issues.  Anyone have any ideas why the issue would still be created when the response is a 400 code?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

As per doc: STATUS 400 Returned if the input is invalid (e.g. missing required fields, invalid field values, and so forth).

Does the second (i.e. successful) request pass the same JSON?

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

From what I could see in the logs, yes. I believe they are using some sort of application type front end, so it should be pretty consistent.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events