Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA4: Custom DurationFormatter

Mikalai_Samatyrski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2011

Hi, Atlassian Community!

Could you, please, describe how custom DurationFormatter can be implemented and configured?

I need a duration formatter that will provide the ability to enter duration values like 1.5h(i.e with fractions) and will display durations in days and hours(the duration is less than 1d then duration will be displayed in hours, if more than 1d - in days). Our JIRA version is 4.0.2

Thanks,

Nick

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Alexander Johannes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2011

JIRA uses JiraDurationUtils and its subclasses to format and parse durations. With access to the JIRA sources, you may be able to modify this code or inject your own DurationUtils instead. This would alter the overall duration handling in jira.

The other approach would be, that you write your own custom field, which handles your specific input. But this solution would not affect the standard functionality like estimated time or time tracking.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events