Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delete an issue link using REST or SOAP?

Ben Kunkel January 30, 2012

Using REST I can create an issue link: /api/2.0.alpha1/issueLink

Is it possible to delete an issue link using a similar method?

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Kunkel February 14, 2012

The first solution I found to this was in the JIRA Command Line Interface

--action deletelink --issue XXX-1010 --toIssue XXX-1001 --link 'duplicates'

I didn't want to be dependent on a CLI call, so I dug into the code to find out what it was doing and came up with this:

http://jirahost:8080/secure/DeleteLink.jspa?id=10533&sourceId=10633&linkType=10733&confirm=true&Delete=Delete

...where:

id = Issue ID for the issue at the outbound end of the link.

sourceId = Issue ID for the issue at the inbound end of the link.

linkType = JIRA ID for the link type.

You can actually get most of this from capturing the link address on the 'Delete this link' link on the view issue page. All that is missing is the confirm and Delete values required to avoid the 'are you sure?' dialogue.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

Good you found it. I guess I missed the question too. That is one of the actions that uses UI method until an official API is available - looks like 5.0 can do it better.

0 votes
Krishna Ersson August 21, 2013

Here's the link in the latest REST API to deleting an issue link.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

Can't let a remote api question go by without referencing JIRA Command Line Interface :). In this case:

--action deleteIssue --issue xxx-111

For this function it uses SOAP and this interface has been available for many JIRA releases.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2012

The ability to delete issue links will be available in the JIRA 5 REST API - http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/5.0-rc2/#id3416289

Unfortunately the API does not expose this functionality in any earlier versions of JIRA.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

There's deleteIssue in the SOAP API, which you can also call from the browser using the json+rpc API.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2012

oops sorry I didn't read the question properly.

This plugin http://code.google.com/p/shared-space/wiki/JiraExtendedWebservice make it available via soap, the method is unlinkIssue

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

According to API, not at the moment.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events