Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to test window based applications ?

Prithivirajan M February 11, 2014

Hi All,

Is it possible to run QTP test cases in bamboo ?

If so, what are all the steps i have to follow like which task i need to select or do i need to install any plugin(freeware) ?

Note: I am new to CI tool, so please elaborate as much as possible.

Thanks.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
LarsM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2014

Basicly you can run everything in your build.

For many common things like Maven, MSBuild, NAnt do exist some task types in Bamboo. You could write your own Task Type (See: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOODEV/Task+Plugin+Module)

Our you can just use a script as task type and run your executable with the needed parameters.

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2014

Bamboo can run everything that is runnable from command line. If you're able to run your QTP test cases from command line then you can use a Script Task and run them from Bamboo.

Bamboo can of course analyze results of your test cases (if these are in a JUNIT or TESTNG format), what is the format of test case results produced by tools you're using?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events